Thursday, August 4, 2011

life lesson

So yesterday was interesting...

+It started off at 8AM when my alarm clock went off so that I could get ready for work. I am used to 9-1 being the opening shift at Yogurtland. I showed up, gave the lead crap for being late, only to realize that I was NOT scheduled to work at all. I was SUPPOSED to be at 24-Hour Fitness for my second day of work. After the other worker asked if I was actually scheduled, all I said was "ah, crap!", and ran out the door, to my car, and raced home to change for my other job. Thank goodness my supervisor at Kid's Club was super cool about it because that would have been pretty awful. I made it there by 9:20 so it wasn't TOO bad. Still, I have never been late to a day of work in my life and I couldn't believe I had to be on my second day of finally-done-with-training shifts. Great impression, huh?

It gets better.


+ When I first moved up to Provo I was desperate for a job. I applied to be a secret shopper and at the end they offered me a couple of free magazines. I didn't want them, but caved after they "insisted". Pushy, pushy people. NEVER again though.
+ I got a call from a random number asking about my magazine order. After telling the lady I wanted it to be cancelled because I didn't want them in the first place, I was informed that it was her first day and I would have to speak to her supervisor because she could not do that. Supervisor #1: aka supervisor del diablo. She started off by saying I had a three year contract thing of some-sort, which through me for a LOOP because I had never even heard of the magazines she was talking about or the company's name. I told her that when the secret shopper company offered them to me, they said I would be notified before any actual payment so that I would be able to cancel since I had no intention of paying for them. She told me I was "playing dumb" (yes those were her exact words) and that all she could do was lower the amount of time to two years. This would not do. After being chewed out by an awful customer service lady, (k, so I had a little bit of attitude as well at this point, but she asked for it) she told me she would have to call me back. I said that was not going to happen and asked to speak to HER supervisor. Supervisor #2 aka el diablo segundo. I decided to be really polite since this new supervisor had not yet been rude to me and explain the situation because I was sure that this whole thing was in fact, ridiculous. After explaining she rambled on with a lot of rude comments as well and ended with the fact that she would cancel the "order", as if it had ever been placed.
+It's funny now, but at the time it blew my mind people could even frustrate me like that. I've dealt with a lot of annoying, ignorant, and frustrating people throughout my 2.5 years of retail, but these two took the cake. Usually people like that don't phase me, but this was a whole new level. What happened to good customer service anyhow? No clue. The whole time I was wondering in the back of my head if this was some sort of "cold call" or if I was being punked. Good news: Ashton and any cruel radio announcer were nowhere to be found.
Moral of the story: NEVER accept free magazines. Or anything of the sort.


{{LESSON LEARNED}}

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...