Wednesday, August 31, 2011

DIY: ombre

So I am in no way licensed to give expert advice on hair. But, I would like to share how I went about loving the ombre look. Mainly, it gives me an excuse to let my roots grow out without looking like I am just too cheap to fix them (which I kind of 'em- broke college student at your service).

Step 1: My amazing friend Taylor helped me do a soap cap on my hair. This basically just tamed down the bleach and made it a little darker blonde.

Step 2:
John Frieda Lightening Spray!
+As my roots began to grow out I just used this amazing stuff to kind of help blend my natural color to the highlighted/bleached part. All you have to do is spray it on your roots after you shower & before you blow dry your hair! Nice and simple.

Tada!
Sorry, I wish I had a better picture! But I can't tell you how much healthier my hair is. I haven't dyed it since January and my hair is like new :] I haven't even hardly seen more than half an inch of my natural hair color since I was in the seventh grade so it feels good! No more breakage & annoying fly-aways for me!
Thank you ombre.

2 comments:

Kristen Thornburg said...

if I did it myself it'd never turn out as well as yours did!!

Kylee said...

haha thanks! I bet it would though. Super easy! It's awesome though. Haven't even had that itch to dye my hair for the longest time!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...