Monday, June 18, 2012

airport boy.

So remember when I wrote that I was going to write about my trip to Arizona?  Well, I kept putting it off because part of the story really bothered me.

I'm going to rewind back to Friday, May 11, 2012 at 12:00PM.  I was at the airport in Salt Lake City waiting to board and saw a cute guy in the front of the line out of the corner of my eye.  I boarded the plane and kept my eyes peeled.  I saw him towards the back in a window seat and decided to be a little gutsy and sit in the aisle seat by him.  I kept waiting for some random obnoxious person to sit right in between the two of us (you know the type), but luckily no one did.  He had headphones in and it took a few minutes, but shortly after they were out and we were talking. Talking a lot. Boy lives in Salt Lake, but is from Arkansas and was only in Phoenix because he had a layover there. The hour and a half flight went by extremely fast and before we knew it we were landing in Phoenix.  I thought we had a great connection-really I did. BUT, I was left with "look me up on facebook!"  Awesome, right? Wrong.  You know those paging centers they have at airports?  The ones that say "John Smith you have a message waiting for you at the paging center..." Yeah, those ones.  I had never used one before so I decided to try my luck.  I put a message in, but Boy never got the message. Instead a grouchy old man with the same name got the message and ruined my chances of ever talking to Boy again. I was really bummed and thought there was no way I would ever find him on Facebook since he has such a common name.  And guess what: I was right.  I looked and looked for about a solid hour, but to no avail.

I had given up. That was until I recounted the story to my boss a couple of weeks ago.  I got home after my shift and decided to look one last time. After looking for a whopping 45 seconds: voila! What do you know? THERE he was.

I was a mess! Literally freaking out. I went to the gym to run off some of my craziness.  He added me and we started talking.

Want to know why he didn't just get my number? I bet you it's because his current relationship status wasn't exactly single.

Well, we hung out on Friday.

The rest of this story will have to wait!


Anyone else ever meet people randomly like this?

4 comments:

megan danielle said...

oh my heck that is so crazy cool!!!!!

Amanda said...

That's so cool! The same sort of thing happened to me on a flight a few months ago! I've been in a serious relationship for three years so I knew it wouldn't lead anywhere but he had a really great conversation for the two hour flight and exchanged business cards. He emailed me once and sadly never emailed me back. But it was definitely so great to just have a really nice conversation with a stranger. Can't wait to hear how hanging out went!
-Amanda
fromaheartoverflowing.blogspot.com

Nicole said...

ummm HELLO! i love this story!

Sierra @ Sierra's View said...

WHAT. I WANT MORE DETAILS.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...